Hey everyone welcome to our blog! My name's Rhami and I'm the Founder of Arch Co. Web Design. I consider myself a transparent and honest person so I want this blog to reflect those values. My mission in life is to help people and right now I want to do that by sharing my experiences having built this business over the past weveral years.
For those of you who don’t know me, here’s my story: I started out as an engineer back in the day and absolutely HATED my life! Luckily I made the switch after a few years into the Web Design field...I had been making websites since I was 13 years old so it made perfect sense. I worked for many years in the corporate world honing my craft and then 3.5 years ago I made the jump into a full-time freelancer.
It was scary as heck: I had just moved from Ottawa to San Diego without knowing a soul there. And worst of all I had no clue where my next paycheck was coming from (more on this story later). But over the years I slowly figured things out and made MANY mistakes along the way. Now I run a full-fledged Web Design Agency with employees who work remotely all around the world and I’m here to give you all the tips and hacks I learned along the way. So here we go!
- Looking for a Remote Job? Here are some sites I have personally used to help you get a paycheck while you are stuck at home.
FlexJobs: You need to pay a small fee to use it BUT there is way less competition here than any other job site and I would say it’s the best site out there to actually land a remote job
We Work Remotely: A free job board that focuses mainly on Design and Programming roles but they also have other categories like marketing, customer support and management.
Acework: This site has an interesting twist where it’ll match you with vetted remote jobs depending on your profile.
Jobspresso: Another great site very similar to We Work Remotely
- Why Everyone Loves Remote Work: Do you wonder if you can succeed working remotely? The distractions and feeling like you have to be “plugged in”all the time can sure pull some heavy weight when you’re trying to decide if this is right for you….but here’s how to not just make it work, but actually love it.
- Are you a Freelancer or looking to land some gigs for your side hustle? Here are some great sites where people post small projects that you can bid on and make some extra cash. I know people that have used sites like this to grow from a freelancer to a full-fledged business (aka me!):
- 13 Easy Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses: If you’re a small business owner, take a look at this article to find some cheap and easy marketing ideas for your biz. They can be especially useful during these times. Remember just because we’ve been dealt a tough hand doesn’t mean we can’t make the best of it.
- Another cool COVID marketing tip I’ve seen for local restaurants: offer a DIY option. For example, this pizza place near my parent’s house has a deal where they’ll sell you the dough and ingredients then you can take it home and cook it yourself!